Thursday, March 25, 2010

the footwashing (lyrics)


He wrapped a towel about his waist, and then he washed their feet.
It was a servant's role to wash the dust from off the street.
How he longed to share this night with them before suffering before crucified.
So our Savior washed their feet the night before he died.

Isn't this the One, the great I AM, the central figure in God's plan,
who with clay upon His hands breathed life into the man?
Isn't He the One known as the Word, the Mighty God, the Light of Men,
who came from God and knew all things were given unto Him?


You know not now the things I do. Hereafter you shall see.
And if you do as I have done, how very blessed you'll be.
You call me Lord, and you say well. My servants should do as I do.
If I, your Master, wash your feet, wash one another's, too.

Isn't this the Lord God Omnipotent, King of Glory, Kings of Kings,
the Life, the Truth, the Son of God, Creator of all things?
Isn't He the One who is to come, First and Last, Beginning and the End,
the Alpha and Omega, before whom every knee shall bend?


Our Savior knew His hour was come. He knew what He must do.
He loved his own unto the end. He taught them, Love, as I've loved you.
How he longed to share this night with them before suffering before crucified.
So our Savior washed their feet the night before He died.

Yes, our Savior washed their feet...


c 2005 B Philp

No comments:

Post a Comment